Aadhar Based e-KYC FAQs
Aadhaar based e-KYC is an online service provided for first time investors to mutual funds to become KYC complied using their Aadhaar number. This is an electronic service and is completely paperless.
- This service is available to all first time investors to mutual funds who are not KYC complied and have a valid Aadhaar number.
Step 1: Enter PAN, Aadhaar number, Date of Birth, valid e-Mail ID and Mobile number (Should be the same as the one mentioned on your Aadhaar card).
Step 2: Click on the checkbox to generate OTP and enter the OTP received on your mobile number in the particular field and click on Next.
Step 3: Verify your details and submit the form.
- No, this is a completely paperless transaction and everything will be done electronically.
- No,Aadhaar based e-KYC does not require any in person verification.However, if you choose the OTP route to become KYC complied then only investments up to Rs. 50000/- per financial year will be permissible.
- If you complete Aadhaar based e-KYC verification process using OTP, then only investments up to Rs. 50000/- per financial year will be permissible.
- OTP is sent by UIDAI to the mobile number that is availablein the UIDAI database and registered with the Aadhaar number.
- You can regenerate OTP by using the Resend OTP option.
- If your mobile number registered with UIDAI differs from your existing mobile number then you will have to update your mobile number with UIDAI first.