SBI-ETF Sensex is an exchange traded fund that has a passive investment strategy. The investments objective of the scheme is to provide returns that, before expenses, closely correspond to the total returns of the securities as represented bt BSE SENSEX by holding BSE SENSEX sticks in same proportion. However, the performance of the scheme may differ from that of the underlying index due to tracking error. This scheme is eligible under Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) for tax deduction under section 80CCG as announced in the Union Budget 2012-13.
- Low cost – SBI-ETF SENSEX is with low expense ratio compared to the open ended mutual fund schemes.
- Provides Efficient diversification – The companies are spread across wide spectrum of sectors and are beneficial for an investor who is interested in building in a well diversified investment portfolio. Also these companies are core to the India Growth story.
- Easy to invest and sell – Investors wishing to invest & sell can do so anytime during the market hours as SBI-ETF SENSEX is listed on the stock exchange.
- RGESS eligible scheme - Investment in SBI-ETF SENSEX is eligible for tax benefits under RGESS (Section 80CCG of the Income tax Act) for eligible investors.
Who can invest?
- First time investors
- Investors who have a view on the stock market
- Other retail investors for passive asset allocation
- RGESS eligible investors*.
*Tax benefit available under Section 80CCG of the Income Tax Act to a new retail investor and whose gross total income is less than or equal to Rs. 10 lakh subject to conditions mentioned in notification no. 51/2012 dated November 23, 2012 issued by Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance. Investors are requested to read the notification issued Ministry of Finance and consult their tax / financial consultant before taking any decision of investments.
I want to invest. Call me.
The investment objective of the scheme is to provide returns that, before expenses, closely correspond to the total returns of the securities as represented by the BSE SENSEX by holding BSE SENSEX stocks in same proportion. However, the performance of Scheme may differ from that of the underlying index due to tracking error.
|Instrument ||As % of Net Assets (Min.-Max.) ||Risk Profile |
|Securities covered by BSE SENSEX ||95 % - 100 % ||Medium to high |
|cash and cash equivalent / money market instruments* ||0% to 5% ||Low |
*Scheme will invest in money market instruments having residual maturity not exceeding 91 days.
|Date of Inception ||11/03/2013 |
|Minimum Application ||Rs. 5000 and in multiples of Rs. 1 thereafter |
|Entry Load ||N.A. |
|Exit Load || |